Wednesday, January 25, 2017

It's 2017... why is this even a thing?

Warning : I'm basically going to insult everyone in this post.  Ignore if you don't want to be insulted.

I'm the grandson of a German immigrant.  Now this German immigrant was basically leave a worn torn Germany where there was no food, jobs or anything really and coming over to the United States were her sister already lived.  I exist because someone was leaving a war torn country to find a life that may be a little bit better than what they had, or what they could have had.  I must be a bad person, that's the only thing I can think of in this day and age.  Anyone coming from a refugee or immigrant background must not be a true American and should not be here or be allowed to come here in the first place.

People are going to make a pretty thin argument about how this is different and people are being monitored because of their religion and the place they came from.  It's not different.  As stated above my grandmother came from a country that we had actively been at war with.  This was not many years after peace has come after the second world war that she was in this country.

There is no reason that in freaking 2017 that any of us should have to stand up for the rights of others.  I'm a member of an under represented minority in the US (I know, I'm white and male how could that be), as it currently stands am I am not allowed to run for public office in the state of Texas because of something as trivial as my belief structure.  I have no voice.  The more and more that we get into the current regime I realize that I will have no rights come the end of this term.  NONE.  Alright.  I got a little over zealous there, but the part about it being illegal for me to run for office in Texas is true... no one in our current government speaks for me...

Alright a list of thoughts... I love lists:

Voting is a not a privilege its a right.  If you restrict (by adding things required to vote) then you have to make those things available for everyone in the United States.  If you were to say that you are required to have a license to vote and you make that license cost $50 then you are restricting citizens form voting.  RIGHT not a privilege.  If you think it's a privilege you may be what's wrong with America.

If your Christian and excited for restricting refugees from this country.  Shame on you.  You are doing the opposite of anything that Jesus told you and you have chosen your false golden god.

This is our future : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-erdogan-academics-ban-leaving-country-government-crackdown-latest-a7146591.html - if you want to see what the creation of an authoritarian regime looks like.  Silencing science in any capacity is your first step towards a really bad life.

I am almost to the point where I believe that the United States is on the course towards another civil war.  I really wish this was conspiratorial, but the more and more I see the more I believe that the repressed majority will eventually rise up.  Just remember without California and New York the United States dips down the second largest economy of the world (I'm proud to be a Texan, but California does happen to be the 8th largest economy in the world, it's a little bit larger than Texan economy).  Also just to shut your stupid argument down (that you'll try and make) California is 46th for federal aid.  If you want to look at the states that take the most from the federal government you should look at the ones like Mississippi, Alabama and much of the southern red states.  Tell me how conservative governance leads to less federal aid

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been saying that I expect to see a class war within my lifetime, since I was about 19 years old. My estimation for time at that point was about 25-30 years out.

I'm now 43... and, well, it doesn't seem all that unrealistic at this point.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Yeah. It's worrisome how separate this country is...

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Sabih said...

well put... stockpile the lube, we're in for a scary 4 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home